Travel and Tourism - Curriculum Page
BTEC Firsts in Travel and Tourism can help you take your first steps towards a career in retail or business travel. You’ll learn essential skills such as business awareness, customer service and understanding destinations in the UK and worldwide.Subject Leader – Miss I Evans
Exam Board and syllabus code
Pearson Edexcel BTEC level 1/2 first in Travel and Tourism
- Unit 1 – The UK Travel and Tourism sector
- Unit 2 – UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Unit 3 – The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
- Unit 5 – Factors affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
- Unit 1 – External assessment
- Unit 2 – Internal coursework
- Unit 3 – Internal coursework
- Unit 5 – Internal coursework
- Home Learning is set regularly.
- Home Learning Club is run every day in the LRC from 3.15-4.30pm Monday to Thursday.
- Home learning will consist of at least one task per week. We recommend that pupils spend at least 40 minutes per task and that they read around the topics at home. All lesson resources are available on the student common area to aid them in this.
How Parents and Carers Can Support
- Encourage your child to ask teachers for help if there are any difficulties
- Encourage your child to be observant and take an interest in the world around them.
- Encourage your child to complete their assignment work on time.
- Encourage your child to make use of the College LRC, public libraries and computer resources if they are available at home
Additional Support Available/Useful Links
- Lessons, revision guides and knowledge organisers on teams.
- Visiting different attractions and destinations in the UK, collecting leaflets and brochures from destinations.
- BTEC Level 2 First Travel and Tourism Student Book (BTEC First Travel & Tourism)