Year 11 Bulletin
Year 11 Bulletin - November 2022.pdf
Year 11 Post 16 Options
Year 11s Careers BriefingYear 11s Careers Briefing - 21 November 2022
Information Evening - 13 October 2022
To download the presentation please use the link below:
Year 11 Information Evening - 13 October 2022
Making a start for 6th Form at Garth Hill
Contact the Sixth Form at Garth team to confirm your choices using the following email address email@example.com. If you have the relevant GCSEs to complete your choices then get a head start with Unifrog, as it can help you begin the process of your KS5 education.
Sign in to Unifrog using the following link https://www.unifrog.org and use the 'Exploring Pathways' section.
It is always a good idea to have your CV updated and ready to apply for potential employment or apprenticeship opportunities. Have a look at the CV builder tool on Unifrog to give you an idea of what to include and how to structure your CV: https://www.unifrog.org/student/cv. You can also create multiple versions of your CV that are tailored to specific roles, and save them via Unifrog.
Unifrog has some other great tools to give you some ideas of future directions if you are still finding yourself a bit stuck:
- Personality Profile: what is your personality type, and what types of careers or subjects might you be suited for? https://www.unifrog.org/student/personality-profile
- Interests Profile: what do you enjoy doing, and what types of careers or subjects might you be suited for? https://www.unifrog.org/student/interests-profile
- Subjects Library: considering university, but want to know more about the program? Have a look at the subjects library to learn more about the program, possible pathways, and how to get yourself there. https://www.unifrog.org/student/subjects
- Careers Library: considering a certain career, but want to learn more about it? The careers library can give you insight into a wealth of careers including their daily tasks, entry requirements, pathways into the career, and average salary. https://www.unifrog.org/student/careers
If you are interested in an apprenticeship, please do have a look on Unifrog at the Apprenticeship Shortlist tool. It is updated every 24 hours to show apprenticeships that are currently available: https://www.unifrog.org/student/apprenticeships/start. There is also additional information in the “Know-How” library on apprenticeships if you are looking for more information before your start your search: https://www.unifrog.org/student/know-how/uk-apprenticeships
In addition to Unifrog, there are some other great apprenticeship resources out there. These include:
- Amazing Apprenticeships: https://amazingapprenticeships.com/resources/. This website contains a wealth of resources both for students and their parents/carers to gain a better understanding of what apprenticeships are like and how to obtain one.
- National Careers Service: https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship. This website allows you to search current apprenticeship opportunities, manage your applications, and set up an alert to notify you of any new opportunities that may be of interest to you.
next steps, Not sure what to do?
You still have the opportunity to apply to the Sixth Form at Garth Hill College, visit the website and start your application https://www.garthhillcollege.com/Sixth-Form-Admissions
Alternatively, if there are other courses which are not available here at the Sixth Form at Garth Hill College then look at some other of the local education providers:
Bracknell and Wokingham College – https://bracknell.activatelearning.ac.uk
This is for any student who is yet to secure a place to start on a study programme at college this September. It is also an opportunity if you have already had an offer for a place on one of our courses, but your plans for September have changed and you want to speak to someone about alternative options. Either way, this is your chance to chat with a pathway specialist to find out more about our programmes, what is involved, and how to enrol.
BCA (Berkshire College of Agriculture) - https://bca.ac.uk/apply-online
Students at BCA receive a personalised study programme which helps students to achieve their ambitions beyond successfully completing their college course.
We like to do things differently and tailor our whole approach around you. Whatever your starting point, you’ll discover that BCA gives you much more than a qualification.