Year 11 Information Update
We are looking forward to the year 11 Prom on 13 July at Trunkwell House, Beech Hill Road, Beech Hill, Reading, RG7 2AT. Please find below final arrangements and details of the evening.
- Parents/carers are welcome to attend to see students arrive. Please arrive from 6.15pm where you will be directed into the parent parking area at the rear of Trunkwell House and then to a standing area where you may view the arrivals.
- Students can begin arriving from 6.30pm and cars will be directed to the red-carpet arrival area where they will have their photos taken before assembling to watch the other arrivals.
- At 7.30pm, students will then be called through to the marquee and receive a welcome fruit punch drink.
- The buffet will be served at 8.00pm and then the disco and celebrations will continue from 8.30pm to 11.00pm. There will be vegetarian options available and all food will be nut free.
- Soft drinks will be available to purchase throughout the evening and still water will be provided. To give an indication of cost for soft drinks, a pint of coke is £3.00.
- There is a photo booth available from 8.00pm for students to receive a memento of the evening with their friends.
Prom will finish at 11.00pm so please arrange pick-ups for this time. Alcohol is obviously not permitted on the evening. The security team will check bags on arrival so please ensure your child does not attempt to bring alcohol onto the site. If we do suspect anyone is under the influence of alcohol, we may have to contact you to collect them early for their own health and safety.
We hope that the evening will be a great celebration and a fitting end to Year 11.
Hoodies have arrived and been given out to the majority of students. Unfortunately, due to some colour and sizes being out of stock, some orders have been delayed but they should be arriving this week. Please note, students can wear their hoodies to College for their remaining few days but they cannot be worn in the exam venue as they have writing on them.
We are now in a position to begin taking orders for the Yearbook. We will be promoting this in the Leaver’s Assembly this week and then Scopay will be opened for you to purchase a copy. A further communication will be sent with exact pricing.
The final assembly will take place following the Physics examination on Thursday 23 June as this is the last time all students will be in College for an examination. Once students have finished their examination, they will assemble on the Restaurant Terrace. There will be an opportunity during this time to sign shirts and have a break. Please do ask them to bring in a spare shirt for signing. It is anticipated that the assembly will finish at approximately 12.30pm. All students will then leave site for the day.
Please note, due to other events taking place, students will not be allowed to return to the college on this day. If they do need to collect any items from lockers or tutor rooms, they will have to do this before the Physics examination or come into college the following day.
We respectfully request that students do not bring in any items that cause a health and safety risk, such as water pistols, flour, flares. Any students who behave in an antisocial manner before or during the assembly, will be asked to leave and may jeopardise their attendance at Prom.