Ski Trip to Altenmarkt
Garth Hill College will be running a College Ski Trip to Altenmarkt. Austria. This is an excellent opportunity for your child to learn to ski or snowboard in the amazing scenery of the Austrian Alps. As well as learning a new skill, your child will have the opportunity to build new relationships and immerse themselves in Austrian culture within the setting of traditional ski village.
We will travel by coach from College catching a ferry from Dover to Calais. The trip is being organised by the well-established and experienced team at Absolute travel. Absolute travel are fully bonded members of ATOL and ABTA.
The ski trip will be departing from College on Friday 03 April 2020 travelling to Altenmarkt and returning on Saturday 11 April 2020.
Altenmarkt is located in the heart of the Sportwelt Amade ski region (www.skiamade.com) with a fantastic snow record from December through to April. The Ennstalerhof sport hotel has fabulous facilities including; its own indoor swimming pool, sauna, solarium, games room, computer room, TV rooms and climbing room. It is approximately a 10-minute walk into the village centre. The ski resorts of Flachau, Zauchensee, Radstadt and Flachauwinkl are all just a short journey from the hotel.
The package includes:
- Return executive coach travel from College to the resort
- 6 nights’ full board accommodation
- Experienced and knowledgeable CRB checked resort representative
- 6-day resort lift pass
- Ski lessons – 4 hours of ski tuition per day
- Hire of skis, boots, poles and helmets for 6 days
- Ski Hoodie
- Entrance to Flitzer
- Travel insurance is provided through Bracknell Forest Council
Package Price: £ 990.00. This fee can be paid to the College in monthly instalments to spread the cost as indicated below:
A non-refundable deposit of £250 is required to secure your son/daughter’s place.
To ensure fairness for all pupils wanting to attend the trip, we will be operating the following ballot system.
- If you would like your son/daughter to attend, please complete the attached reply slip to register interest. Please hand this to Pupil Reception by Friday 05 July 2019.
- Your son/daughter will then go into a ballot process for places.
- If you are successful, we will notify you by letter with a payment plan. You will be required to pay the non-re fundable deposit of £250 by Friday 19 July 2019 to confirm this place.
- If your son/daughter is unsuccessful, they will remain in the reserve ballot and as places become available they will be selected from this.
A suggest payment plan is as follows:
- Second payment of £250 due on Tuesday 01 October 2019
- Third payment of £250 due on Monday 04 November 2019
- Final payment of £240 due Friday 24 January 2020
Please be advised that pupils are required to have a good behaviour record in order to be accepted on this trip and their conduct must remain so.
If you have any questions, please contact me for clarification.
Mr A. Worsell & Mr R. Laidlaw