Exam Results 2019
Garth Hill were delighted with this year's A Level results . At the time of writing, indications are that the results in terms of value added (progress) are possibly the best results in the College’s history. The overall pass rate was 99%. Students’ scores represent another ‘red hot’ performance using the ALPS (A Level Performance Scores) system graded at band 3 (top 25% of sixth providers nationally).
Special mention goes to the following students;
- Frankie Pugh achieved three A* grades in History, Law and Politics.
- Sophia Di Maida achieved A* grades in English and History and an A grade in Psychology.
- Aidan Storey achieved an A* grade in Mathematics and an A grade in further Mathematics.
- Kyle Shipman achieved A grades in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Thomas Watson achieved A grades in Mathematics and Physics.
Congratulations to all students, staff and parents. The results are a strong indication of the high quality of education provided in the Sixth Form.
Following the record results of 2018, GCSE figures were slightly down this year with 63% of pupils attaining a Grade 4 ‘standard’ pass or higher in English and mathematics (compared to 66% in 2018 which was an increase of 10% compared to 2017). 73% of pupils attained Grade 4 or higher in English and 71% in mathematics. Special congratulations to those students and pupils who attained the very highest grades at A Level and GCSE.