Garth Hill College fully recognises the responsibility it has under section 175 of the Education Act 2002 to have arrangements in place to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. It also takes due regard of the DFE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education DfE September 2021 and HM Government’s Working together to Safeguard Children HM Government 2018. It is also consistent with the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) procedures.
We believe that every child regardless of age has at all times and in all situations, whether in the class room, at home or in the wider community, a right to feel safe and protected from any situation or practice that results in a child being physically or psychologically damaged. Complacency is not an option. Safeguarding is a shared responsibility. We recognise the need for vigilance on the basis that “it could happen here”.
Help or Advice
If you need help or advice about any safeguarding issue, please contact:
- Mrs S Cordoba Tellez as the Designated Senior Child Protection Lead and Senior Teacher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr J Head as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead -First Deputy, Designated Mental Health Lead and Senior Teacher (Jemail@example.com)
- Miss J McGinley (covering Miss C Barret’s maternity leave) as the Head of Pupil Care and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms H Glenister as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead at Rise@GHC (email@example.com)
- Miss C Barrett as Head of Pupil Care and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (Currently on Maternity Leave) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mrs J Langley as Assistant Designated Safeguarding Lead -Family Support Advisor (email@example.com)
- Mrs S Ranger as Assistant Designated Safeguarding Lead - House Mentor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms A Russell as Assistant Designated Safeguarding Lead - House Mentor (email@example.com)
As part of its commitment to Safeguarding its pupils, the College regularly updates its policies. Policies which relate directly to Safeguarding include:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Recruitment Policy
- Anti Bullying Policy
- E-safety Policy
- Information Sharing Protocol
- Whistle Blowing Policy
- Sex and Relationships Policy
- Drugs Education Policy
Please see the College’s policy documents area to view these.
Important Safeguarding Contacts