Garth Hill were delighted with this year's A Level results . At the time of writing, indications are that the results in terms of value added (progress) are possibly the best results in the College’s history. The overall pass rate was 99%. Students’ scores represent another ‘red hot’ performance using the ALPS (A Level Performance Scores) system graded at band 3 (top 25% of sixth providers nationally).
Special mention goes to the following students;
- Frankie Pugh achieved three A* grades in History, Law and Politics.
- Sophia Di Maida achieved A* grades in English and History and an A grade in Psychology.
- Aidan Storey achieved an A* grade in Mathematics and an A grade in further Mathematics.
- Kyle Shipman achieved A grades in Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Thomas Watson achieved A grades in Mathematics and Physics.
Congratulations to all students, staff and parents. The results are a strong indication of the high quality of education provided in the Sixth Form.
Following the record results of 2018, GCSE figures were slightly down this year with 63% of pupils attaining a Grade 4 ‘standard’ pass or higher in English and mathematics (compared to 66% in 2018 which was an increase of 10% compared to 2017). 73% of pupils attained Grade 4 or higher in English and 71% in mathematics. Special congratulations to those students and pupils who attained the very highest grades at A Level and GCSE.
More detailed analysis of the 2019 results will be shown here very soon
The Department for Education publishes Performance Tables for all schools and academies, click here to view the Garth Hill College page. There is also an option to compare the results at Garth Hill with other schools by using the green tab at the top of the webpage.
See documents below for a summary of our examination results and destinations.