Garth Hill College - GCSE Results 2020
Following Monday’s announcement by the Department for Education, we were relieved and pleased to learn that GCSE and A Level students would be awarded their centre assessment grades this year.
We fully appreciate that it has been a difficult and trying time for our young people. We are delighted for the students who have worked hard over many years and congratulate them on their achievements. We wish them all the very best for the future.
Teachers made carefully considered judgements based on a clear rationale and a robust range of existing available evidence. Garth Hill staff followed Ofqual’s procedures correctly and with integrity.
The most important thing in all of this is that students are able to go onto the next stage of their lives and staff will provide the support, advice and guidance that students need at this time. We congratulate pupils on their GCSE examination success particularly given the difficult circumstances they faced this year. Well done to everyone concerned.
Garth Hill College - Pupil Highlights
- Bethany Dark 12 Grade 9s
- Lena Zivkovic 12 Grade 9s
- Liam Devine 10 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 1 Grade 7
- Mia Shukla 9 Grade 9s, 1 Grade 8, 2 Grade 7s
- Karan Baishkiyar 6 Grade 9s, 3 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7
- Evie Pass 5 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7
- Precious Ojo 5 Grade 9s, 2 Grade 8s, 3 Grade 7s
- Marko Blanusa 4 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s, 3 Grade 7s
- Shawn Poile 4 Grade 9s, 4 Grade 8s, 2 Grade 7s
- Melina Stark 3 Grade 9s, 7 Grade 8s, 1 Grade 7
- Robert Harpur 2 Grade 9s, 5 Grade 8s, 5 Grade 7s
Congratulations to all students, staff and parents. The results are a strong indication of the high quality of education provided in the Sixth Form.
The Department for Education publishes Performance Tables for all schools and academies, click here to view the Garth Hill College page. There is also an option to compare the results at Garth Hill with other schools by using the green tab at the top of the webpage.
See documents below for a summary of our examination results and destinations.